Alpha Phi Omega Student Book Exchange :: 1951 - 2004
In the fall of 1950, the Junior Class Council proposed
that a student run, non-profit book exchange be set up
on Auburn's campus. This way, students could determine
the prices that their books would sell for and challenge
the commercial bookstores to buy and sell their books
at more reasonable prices. Delta took on that responsibility
and the Alpha Phi Omega Student Book Exchange was founded
on March 13, 1951.
The Student Book Exchange served Auburn University student's for more than 50 years and finally closed it's doors in 2004. During it's operation, the BX kept the same founding
principles on which it was created. It was a service for
the students by the students.